At Hodo, we believe that people are what makes our company great. We are always eager to meet fun, honest and hard-working people who are passionate about creating the best tasting tofu in the whole wide world. If you are interested in joining our team, simply send your resume and an introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place in subject title the position you are applying for. All applicants must pass all background checks and legal employment requirements.
Current openings in our West Oakland office:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about high-quality organic food to service and deliver to some of our premium restaurant, retail and food service accounts.
– Safely and efficiently deliver Hodo products with one of our commercial vans and build relationships with receivers, buyers, and chefs.
– Identify and contact new accounts and manage existing accounts.
– Track inventory and movements at store and process associated paperwork
– Load and unload trucks
– Merchandise product within stores
– Being a brand ambassador for Hodo and its range of delicious products. Responsibilities include demonstrating and promoting Hodo products at stores, Farmers market, and occasional special events — including set-up, merchandising, breaking down, and data-keeping.
– High energy, solution-oriented, fast learner, early riser (typical day is ~5am-2pm)
– Ability to work some Saturdays (for backing up Farmers Markets
– Food safety-trained/certified
– Ability to lift 50 lbs
– Knowledge of Excel, Word, GoogleDocs. Access to Email, Internet and text.
– Valid driver’s license, and clean driving record.
– Pass all background checks and legal employment requirements
– Prior retail sales, promotional and/or customer service experience
– Excellent people and communication skills, and comfort speaking in public
– Reliable, punctual, and professional (in appearance, presentation, teamwork, body language, etc.)
– Detail-oriented with numbers, paperwork, and customer information
– Ability to work independently with little supervision
– Demonstrated success working in small teams
– Passion for and knowledge of food – organic, natural, vegan, or otherwise – a big plus
Hodo Soy attributes a huge part of its success to its strong production staff. We are looking for individuals who would like to help us make our tofu products.
To include but not limited to tofu and yuba making, kitchen preparation, documenting processes, stocking, packaging, shipping, receiving and performing sanitation procedures.
- Motivated and willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
- Able to work fast with focus, with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible to work varying shifts, including graveyard shifts
- Must have a valid US driver’s license and Taxpayer Identification Number
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Prior experience in food and/or manufacturing is preferred but not required.
- Food safety certified preferred. Training for certification will be provided.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds and stand for long periods
- Interest in organic and natural foods a plus
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.