At Hodo, we believe that people are what makes our company great. We are always eager to meet fun, honest and hard-working people who are passionate about creating the best tasting tofu in the whole wide world. If you are interested in joining our team, simply send your resume and an introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants must pass all background checks and legal employment requirements.
Current openings in our West Oakland office:
Hodo Soy is looking for an enthusiastic Quality professional to help us move to the next level in our continuous effort to improve product quality and food safety. Our ideal candidate will have a background in food science, quality principles, and mechanical aptitude with food manufacturing equipment. The candidate will work with the production team to ensure proper GMPs, HACCP compliance, and spearhead the analytical and sensory portions of the quality program. Because we are a small company, you will have the opportunity to learn and apply skills throughout all aspects of food manufacturing, including tofu and yuba production, kitchen prep, packaging, and equipment maintenance.
Essential Job Duties:
• Perform regular quality checks of production and packaging lines.
• Review and maintain Quality Assurance documentation pertaining to HACCP, GMP, and CCOF
• Update and develop SOPs and SSOPs to support Quality Assurance program
• Maintain record keeping and assist with third party audits (Siliker, CCOF, Non-GMO Project Certification, FDA, State Inspections, etc.)
• Monitor employee GMPs and report infractions to supervisors
• Run taste panels as part of sensory evaluation program
• Prepare samples for and maintain records from external laboratory analysis
• Assist with R&D trials
• Manage sanitation program. Includes monitoring efficacy of the program and the performance of production team implementing it
• Work to expand and improve the scope of our internal Quality program to include microbiological testing and other analysis
• Collect and organize data to support decision making related to food safety, shelf life and quality
• Take on special projects as needed
• Strong analytical skills required. BS in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or related field preferred
• Understanding of food production Quality Assurance and sanitation principles and standards
• Familiarity with requirements of HACCP, GMP, CCOF
• Must be proficient in English, both oral and written. Some Spanish would be a big plus
• Proficient with common productivity software, including word processing and spreadsheets
• Must be comfortable correcting production workers in the event of GMP infractions while maintaining team cohesion and a positive attitude on the production floor
• Good attention to detail and ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Proven record of delivering high quality work, either from academic or professional references
Compensation will be commensurate with applicable experience and qualifications. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Part Time (up to 24 hrs/week) Hodo Soy is looking for interested individuals to serve as the face of Hodo to customers in the field. As a demonstrator / brand ambassador, you will execute demonstration events to introduce and build awareness for Hodo brand and products through sampling our tofu and tofu dishes, and communicating our brand value proposition. If you are passionate about artisanal, and sustainably-made local foods, this is a great chance to join a growing team.
- Demonstrating and promoting Hodo Soy products at grocery stores, special events and Costco warehouses – including set-up, merchandising, execution of demonstration, breaking down and associated paperwork
- Being a brand ambassador for Hodo Soy and its products
- Travel to locations in the Bay Area (range: N – Santa Rosa, E – Sacramento, S – Santa Cruz)
- Increase trial and ultimately sales of Hodo products
- Work at least 10-15 hours per week, with potential up to 24 hours a week primarily on weekends (Fri-Sun) and occasionally on weekdays. Flexibility is key.
- Must have valid driver’s license and own car
- Wear company attire, and adhere to customer’s dress code and appearance policies
- Food safety-trained
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to stand through a work shift (with required short breaks)
- Access to emails, Internet and text
- Pass all background checks and legal employment requirements
- High energy level
- Prior retail sales, promotional and/ or customer service experience
- Excellent people skills and ability to connect with others easily
- Ability to communicate and speak in public
- Professional (appearance, presentation, regards to team mates, body language, etc.)
- Demonstrated history in working in small teams
- Interest in organic and natural foods a plus
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Hodo Soy attributes a huge part of its success to its strong production staff. We are looking for individuals who would like to help us make our tofu products.
To include but not limited to tofu and yuba making, kitchen preparation, documenting processes, stocking, packaging, shipping, receiving and performing sanitation procedures.
- Motivated and willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
- Able to work fast with focus, with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible to work varying shifts, including graveyard shifts
- Must have a valid US driver’s license and Taxpayer Identification Number
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Prior experience in food and/or manufacturing is preferred but not required.
- Food safety certified preferred. Training for certification will be provided.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds and stand for long periods
- Interest in organic and natural foods a plus
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.