At Hodo, we believe that people are what makes our company great. We are always eager to meet fun, honest and hard-working people who are passionate about creating the best tasting tofu in the whole wide world. If you are interested in joining our team, simply send your resume and an introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place in subject title the position you are applying for. All applicants must pass all background checks and legal employment requirements.
Current openings in our West Oakland office:
We are looking for a food processing and manufacturing professional to manage our rapidly growing production operation. The Production Manager reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for ensuring smooth and optimal running on the production floor. The Production Manager is responsible for scheduling personnel and executing a production schedule while maintaining compliance with food safety and good manufacturing practices. The Production Manager is a key member of the management team, and participates in the development of programs for food safety, SOP, sanitation, product development, and other functions as needed
- Lead and manage entire production and packaging process
- Implement production plan by managing work schedules and product flow
- Supervise, mentor, and train production, packaging and sanitation team members
- Ensure effective team relations through mediation, problem resolution, and discipline
- Manage product yield and operating efficiency
- Ensure products meet or exceed company and customer standards
- Manage inventory of raw materials, finished goods, and delivery schedules
- Ensure proper tracking of raw materials and labor utilization
- Assist in successful completion of 3rd party audits for GMP, HACCP, OSHA, and CCOF
- Ensure sanitation of facilities and equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years experience in production management or supervision, with at least 2 years in food manufacturing
- Leadership skills
- Ability to own responsibility for all production activities
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, training, coaching, motivating
- Fluency in MS Excel
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Food safety certification preferred
- Some Spanish a plus
Hodo Soy attributes a huge part of its success to its strong production staff. We are looking for individuals who would like to help us make our tofu products.
To include but not limited to tofu and yuba making, kitchen preparation, documenting processes, stocking, packaging, shipping, receiving and performing sanitation procedures.
- Motivated and willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
- Able to work fast with focus, with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible to work varying shifts, including graveyard shifts
- Must have a valid US driver’s license and Taxpayer Identification Number
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Prior experience in food and/or manufacturing is preferred but not required.
- Food safety certified preferred. Training for certification will be provided.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds and stand for long periods
- Interest in organic and natural foods a plus
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.