Impress your guests around the holiday table with the all vegan and delicious Hodo Yuba Roast. Made from dense layers of organic yuba infused with classic holiday flavors — thyme, rosemary, bay and mushrooms, Hodo Yuba Roast makes a beautiful main for the holiday table and will delight both your plant-eating and turkey-lover guests.
Yuba is the skin that forms on the surface of heated soymilk which we hand-harvest, one sheet at a time. We braise our yuba in a light tamari broth infused with traditional holiday herbs, then tightly wrap the yuba in a cheesecloth. We slow-steam the yuba loaf, then air dry overnight. Our Yuba Roast is ready-to-eat and can be carved to make a wonderful holiday-meal entree, or a tasty side-dish. Low fat, and free of soy isolates or fillers, the Hodo Yuba Roast makes your holiday eating a healthy feasting!
The Hodo Yuba Roast is all vegan, gluten-free & organic, and is made from whole non-GMO soybeans. Price: $40/2lb Roast.
ORDERS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR 2014
FAQ On Serving the Yuba Roast
1. Each Yuba Roast is 2lbs / 32 oz. Makes Eight (8) 4-oz servings
2. Fully cooked, ready to eat
3. Serve at room temp or reheat if preferred
4. To reheat – steam for 15 mins, or brush with olive oil, cover with foil and bake at 350F for 25 mins, or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Microwavable.
5. Serve with cranberry sauce and stuffing on the side.
6. Use by: 3 weeks unopened, or use within 3 days after opening
7. Freezable: yes