Impress your guests around the holiday table with the all vegan and delicious Hodo Yuba Roast. Made from dense layers of organic yuba infused with classic holiday flavors — thyme, rosemary, bay and mushrooms, Hodo Yuba Roast makes a beautiful main for the holiday table and will delight both your plant-eating and turkey-lover guests.
Yuba is the skin that forms on the surface of heated soymilk which we hand-harvest, one sheet at a time. We braise our yuba in a light tamari broth infused with traditional holiday herbs, then tightly wrap the yuba in a cheesecloth. We slow-steam the yuba loaf, then air dry overnight. Our Yuba Roast is ready-to-eat and can be carved to make a wonderful holiday-meal entree, or a tasty side-dish. Low fat, and free of soy isolates or fillers, the Hodo Yuba Roast makes your holiday eating a healthy feasting!
The Hodo Yuba Roast is all vegan, gluten-free & organic, and is made from whole non-GMO soybeans. Price: $40/2lb Roast.
WE ARE TAKING ORDERS FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON 2014
IN PERSON OR ORDER ONLINE FOR PICK UP AT FARMERS MARKETS
1) SF Ferry Building Farmers Market on pick up on Saturday 12/20- at the Hodo Soy stand (we are at the back market facing the Bay Bridge).
2) Palo Alto Farmers Market on Sunday 12/21- at the Hodo Soy stand.
** Price: $40 per Yuba Roast, No S&H.
Order online by Tuesday 12/16 for pickup: SF Ferry Building or Palo Alto Farmers Market (please check Billing address under Shipping, and select In Store Pick-up and ignore Ship To info in confirmation.)
ORDER ONLINE FOR BAY AREA DELIVERY THRU GOOD EGGS
For Bay Area delivery and pick-ups, Friday 12/19 through Wednesday 12/24, go to Good Eggs which offers free delivery or pick up options in San Francisco, Marin, East Bay and the Peninsula. Quantities are limited. Please order early, with last order by Sunday 12/21. Only available while stock last.
- go to https://www.goodeggs.com/hodosoy
- Select your delivery or pick-up zone
- Yuba Roast is only available for Friday 12/19 through Wednesday 12/24
- Must order 2 days prior to delivery. Limited stock available.
- Add Yuba Roast to cart, and check out.
** Price: $40 per Yuba Roast excluding delivery fees, if applicable. Limited quantities.
Order Now for Bay Area Delivery.
ORDER ONLINE FOR PICK UP IN OAKLAND
For pick-up at Hodo Soy Beanery in West Oakland. Our Beanery will be opened for special pick-ups for the holiday season: Friday 12/19 through Wednesday 12/24 from 8:30-5:00pm (closed weekends, and we will be closing early on the 24th at 2pm). Please order online using links below or call us at 5104642977 X 103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-order. You must pre-order by Tuesday 12/16. (please check Billing address under Shipping, and select In Store Pick-up and ignore Ship To info in confirmation.)
** Price: $40 per Yuba Roast, No S&H.
Order Now for Beanery Pick Up Fri 12/19 Mon 12/22 Tues 12/23 Wed 12/24
ORDER ONLINE FOR NATIONWIDE DELIVERY
1) Order online at the Hodo Soy online store for delivery to most places nationwide. You must pre-order by Tuesday 12/16.
- Must specify day of delivery: Sat 12/20, Tue 12/23 or Wed 12/24
** Price: $90 per Yuba Roast including next day USPS Express delivery to most places in the United States. Signature waiver required.
Order Now for Nationwide Delivery
FAQ On Serving the Yuba Roast
1. Each Yuba Roast is 2lbs / 32 oz. Makes Eight (8) 4-oz servings
2. Fully cooked, ready to eat
3. Serve at room temp or reheat if preferred
4. To reheat – steam for 15 mins, or brush with olive oil, cover with foil and bake at 350F for 25 mins, or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Microwavable.
5. Serve with cranberry sauce and stuffing on the side.
6. Use by: 3 weeks unopened, or use within 3 days after opening
7. Freezable: yes